|George, Dennis, Joe, Bob & Frank|
Here's what we look for -
* Locally owned and operated restaurants only. No chains. "Ethnic" eateries would be great.
* We like a glass of wine with dinner. We don't need a Wine Spectator Award wine list, just a nice selection.
* We like a kitchen that actually prepares locally sourced products from scratch - home made stocks and sauces and dressings. We don't need Beef Wellington; we need a chicken that is butchered and cooked in the restaurant's kitchen, not Sysco's. We are looking for real food, classically prepared. No crustacean "foams". No "deconstructed" anything. Please.
* We are looking for good food, a decent bottle of wine, friendly service, and a pleasant atmosphere. We are not looking for four stars with four waiters at each table. We want to relax and have a good time. Two stars will be fine. One star is fine too. Bob prefers three stars and cheap.
* Lastly, they need to be open on Wednesday for dinner, and a separate bar would be nice.
Please give us your recommendations by leaving a comment.
We look forward to hearing your ideas and trying some new places. Thanks in advance.